Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sestina

I really like this poem. I think it takes a lot of creativity and brain power to write a sestina. I really like how all of the lines end in the same word and yet none of the lines mean the same thing. I find it really intriguing that someone can come up with so many ways to write a line that ends in the same word and all of these lines relate to the poem still. I think that Elizabeth Bishop did an excellent job at keeping the poem related and yet it doesn't become boring hearing and reading the same words over and over again.

3 comments:

Ayanda said...

I have to agree! It was actually one of the only poems that I liked for the todays readings. It takes a lot of creativity and skill to create a poem and I think Sestina is wonderfully done.

Brittany said...

I also agree. This poem is very creatively written and it must have been very hard to write. It keeps you on your toes throughout the whole poem because of its creativity.

accessible6 said...

I agree that their is a lot of creativity behind writing the poem "Sestina". This poem definatly has a pattern that is very creative and I think authors like Elizabeth Bishop do a great job keeping the poem interesting throughout and makes sure that the poem doesn't get boring for her readers, repeating the same words over and over again. Great Job!