Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Culture

I really liked reading all three of the stories we read for today. I enjoyed reading them because I like stories that incorporate other nation's culture into them. I enjoy to read and learn something new at the same time. Most of the books I choose to read in my free time are books about other cultures and religions or even about the past. When I read, my mind takes me to those places and I learn through the characters. I really love it when the stories contain a foreign language because I love it when I can throw random languages into a conversation and actually know what I am saying. Most of these words I learned through reading books. Books truly are a great way to learn about another's culture.

4 comments:

Stephen M. said...

I enjoy learning about other cultures as well. Its really itneresting when you compare the US to other places around the world and see how different we really are. There are some amazing things out there to learn about other cultures. One day I hope to get a chnace to travel and personally experiene them.

Jess said...

I don't appreciate culture as much as you but all these stories tied together well. I liked how they were all about culture because it kept me on track from one story to the next. Your blog is exactly correct about comparing the US to other countries. Learning how other cultures function is important and interesting to the way our society works.

Brittany said...

I agree with you that you can learn a lot about different cultures by reading books or stories. It helps when the author is a part of a certian culture that he/she is writing about so they can give us more information about their way of living and their beliefs.

heathersue said...

I also enjoy learning about other cultures. I don't read about them as much as I used to but it is still very amazing to me. You can just sit back and look at the differences in where we live or are from compared to other places. The many differences in religion, families, and even things like morals. I find it all very fascinating. You can even look at how alike we are to other cultures. Certain aspects of our culture sometimes resemble parts of other cultures. Yet, we appear so different.